Ay ay well all yuh reach!
Thank you for following me on kimaspeak. And if you haven't checked out the website (http://www.kimaspeak.com/) you should do so right now. Kimaspeak the website and the blog are meant to go hand in hand. I must admit that all the content in 2006 was written pre 2008 so if you want to see my new material you need to keep visiting the website, preferably on a daily basis :) The book hasn't been birthed yet but since my lovely friend and talented photographer Fiona C took those photos, I decided that 2010 would be the year when I stopped "stickin" as we say it in Caribbean parlance. Phew! What a round about way to say thanks? I sound like Sandra Bullock at the Oscars.
Ok, back to the blog. Most of you who know me would know I am not often described as reserved. :) I am not meh mudda chile! I like grandstand an back chat. (Sorry to my non Caribbean friends, google Caribbean/Grenadian dictionary). Where should I start? The Trini man who came all the way to London to stab his ex girlfriend who was dating a new guy (my mother tell me long time don't mess with Trinidad man!). The new OECS economic union after CSME was an epic fail? How many Unions could the Caribbean could have? I don't see an EU and then a EUU and then an SSEU!!! Or maybe I could "parler" about Bernard an them bright idea to issue diaspora bonds. Sounds good in theory but don't Bernard and them know damn well that those of us in the diaspora ketching we ass to send a barrel much less to buy bonds? I wil be covering lots of serious topics as well (hopefully in a not so serious way). If you know me you would know I am passionate about developing country development (what ah mouthful!) so you will probably be bored soon with my conspiracy theories of how the West are robbing the Third World blind!
Okay blog fully operational and website launching March 13. For the kids who don't know -it's a big date for us- the anniversary of the Grenada Revolution. Young lawyers came back from London to Grenada and took charge of an entire country. (scratching meh head?). Revo Tempo Free Grenada. Still very important lessons to be learnt. Those who live by the sword die by the sword and those who live by the pen.... (wait nuh, ah aint want to say that, next thing me ex fly from Grenada take a pen an jook me)
Very funny last line...very proud n happy...gods blessings always. keep it coming!!
ReplyDeleteha ha ha... Kima, you joka.
ReplyDeleteI love to hear you talk about anything so go on and fill my ears :)
Supporting you all the way and make sure you sign mi copy of your book when it comes out or else is problems between us :)
Keep it coming...
Aaron (Kayak)
aye aye...well yes oui...
ReplyDeleteah well reach and ah sid down, xaffair-chune oui!!!...lol
Very proud of you Akima, hopefully i will be able to put my 2 pence in here now and again...Payla permitting :-)
Lots of love and light to you
Maura!
Thanks for your kind words Aaron and Maura.. all yuh better doh let me write in vain! luvxxx
ReplyDelete